Two taken to hospital as crews battle blaze at central Edmonton apartment

Article content

Two people were hospitalized following a fire at a central Edmonton apartment Tuesday morning.

Article content

At 9:24 a.m., Edmonton Fire Rescue Services received a call for a structure fire at Commonwealth Place, located at 10555 93 Street in the Boyle Street neighbourhood.

Crews arrived minutes later to smoke showing from the building. A second alarm was called at 9:40 a.m. and a total of 10 crews responded to the fire, said fire spokeswoman Brittany Lewchuk in a statement.

Two people were rescued from a second floor balcony by fire crews. Four people were assessed at the scene by emergency medical services and two were transported to hospital as a precaution.

The fire was called under control just before 10 a.m.

Latest articles

Related articles