Fire crews are battling a blaze at an apartment building in central Edmonton reportedly caused by an explosion.
Edmonton Fire Rescue Services (EFRS) spokeswoman Brittany Lewchuk said in a statement crews received a call at 10:05 a.m. reporting a gas leak at the building near 106 Street and 110 Avenue.
EFRS arrived on scene five minutes later. The hazmat team began looking into the cause of the gas leak and crews evacuated the building as a precaution.
Lewchuk said there was an explosion at the building, which started the fire.
More to come.